In the context of agile project methodology (Scrum), e-velopment integrated the 360e platform into VBS’s existing system landscape, and linked up new third-party systems in the course of the project. It was important to involve the VBS workforce in this, right from the start. The seasonal nature of the client’s business meant that the ‘go-live‘ deadline was absolutely not to be missed. Between e-velopment receiving this assignment and the ‘go-live‘, there was less than one year.
After concluding the analysis phase, it was soon evident that the VBS project would go far beyond the introduction of 360e Business, the ERP and OMS system. Alongside the replacement of MOS, involving complex migration of data and the link-up to 360e Logistics, new functions were implemented and introduced.
Among others, these were the following:
- 360e selective optimisation and a cockpit used for targeted dispatch management: this achieves a more targeted planning of dispatch processes; greater efficiency of capacity-use in the logistics processes, and optimum planning for putting resources to use
- 360e management of returns, aimed at optimising the returns process
- 360e Meterware: using the 360e software, it is now possible to maintain and to sell articles such as belts or fabrics based on quantities involving units after the decimal point (fractions of a metre). The company can now accurately depict the logistical process involved in selling bale goods, cut-to-measure.
- 360e collection planning, directed at efficient planning of articles and product ranges, with regard to quantities, how a season progresses, and an uptick in orders at short notice (recognising top-selling items). A particular feature of this is collection planning for purchase in the Far East, requiring a longer advance-notice period.
- 360e POS used for out-of-the-box, real-time link-up of the retail store, with modern io cloud-based till and stock management (till system independent of location, as a touch monitor. In this, the till operates based on a browser.
- 360e market-place integration for out-of-the-box link-up with (at present) Amazon, Ebay, Otto and real, via Brickfox (service-provider for the linking-up of marketplaces)
- 360e Payment module for linking-up Amazon Pay
- 360e Risk Management module for connecting-up Arvato Financial Solutions, to make a financial-soundness check
The functionality elements stated here were developed, in parallel with the project of introducing 360e, within the established two-week release cycle. After the joint integration test, VBS gave the green light for the scheduled Go-Live on 15 June 2019.